KARL HEINRICH WEILER PAINTING SERVICES AND I.
In 1973, I,together with four associates took over the company of Fritz Schick in Weinheim, which in the beginning was a painting service with only 6 to 14 employees. From that point on we have also been a restoration service with approximately 20 employees. I have successfully trained over 100 apprentices in both the commercial and the handicraft department. Currently we have 4 apprentices.
In particular we deal with buildings that exhibit moisture and other damages and require measures such as concrete refurbishment.
- Drainage and dehumidification of buildings.
- Repair and fabrication of terrazzo floors and staircases which we consider our area of expertise.
- Color design in contemporary and historical fashions.
- Gilding of sculptures or church steeples with oil or red bole poliment.
- Stucco restoration, remodeling, or enhancement.
Despite the difficult economic situation our order books have been bursting during the past five years. We receive 70% of our orders from state institutions.
- State-owned Rhine-Neckar Port Company Mannheim (Germany's second largest river port)
- Mannheim Penitentiary (largest prison in Baden-Wuerttemberg)
- Building Authority Mannheim
- Building Authority Heidelberg
The remaining 30% comes from private clients.
A short curriculum vitae of my person.
- Born 13.02.1947.
- Vocationally trained as a professional painter by a church painter.
- Employment at different companies including two years at a Swiss painting service in Thun.
- Training as painter and master craftsman
- Three-semester training program completed with state certificate.
- Color design
- Industrial psychology
Work at Graf Painting Service in Hanover as head of the surface technologies department on projects involving vehicle containers and railway vehicles.
Since 1973 self-employed through the takeover of Fritz Schick Painting Service in Weinheim near Heidelberg.
Four-semester training program to become a state certified restorer.
Regular member as well as elected board member of the Federal Restorers' Association headquartered in Berlin.